Living Vs. Living- 7 Tricks to do more of what you love.
There is a difference between living and living. If you find that you are just going through the motions of being alive and not truly living; it's time to ask for help. We all know that we (individuals living with CES) can easily overdo it, and sometimes we have to pick between having food to eat and doing something we love to do. So, I ask all of you to share:
What tricks do you have to save energy while doing the things you have to do, so you can do the things you love to do?
Here are some of mine:
1. At the grocery store, I ride the electric cart, I don't always need to but I do it anyways to save energy for something else.
2. I also have a handicap tag, to save steps for something else. I don't know about you, but my internal pedometer has a limit, and once I hit that limit; no more walking or standing.
3. I rearranged my kitchen to have easier access to the things I need the most often, my arrangement does not make sense to most people, but it saves me from having to walk around the kitchen to gather stuff. (BTW: I had help, because I could not have done this on my own. Don't be afraid to ask for help.)
4. I got one of those vacuum robots to vacuum/sweep the floors, I hear there is one that also mops (SANTA ARE YOU LISTENING).
5. I also buy pre-cut veggies for things like stir-fry, to save time cooking
6. I pull a chair up to the kitchen counter to help me cook.
7. I also cook for a couple days worth of food, leftovers for the next day, and I freeze the third day's portions into single serving Tupperware dishes to take out and microwave for those days when I overdo it, I can still eat.
Please share tricks that help you save energy to do more of what you love!